POLYESTER IS ONE OF THE WORST FABRICS FOR THE ENVIRONMENT AND YOUR BODY.
BELOW REASONS WILL FORCE YOU TO NEVER WEAR POLYESTER
- Hile Polyester feels strong, it’s unbearable to wear. There is no breathability in the fabric, the unnatural chemicals are not made for constant human contact. Manufactures love to use polyester because it’s cheap, thus putting all the cost on the customers who suffer and sweat in this sticky material that’s supposed to be cool and refreshing.
- Polyester is advertised as being wrinkle-free, but due to the harsh chemicals that go into making these clothes, polyester is not only hard but can be disastrous on sensitive skin. The chemicals can be rough on skin and lead to rashes. Wear organic cotton instead for a fabric that is great for the environment and soft on the skin.
- Polyester emits a huge amount of waste into the earth. We already know plastic is super harmful. When polyester breaks down it can only be reduced into microplastics which stays, non-biodegradable, in our oceans, land, and water.
- Just creating polyester takes about 70 million barrels of oil. And this is just for the polyester that is used for fabric. That’s a lot of carbon.
- Polyester doesn’t last long. On top of all the other cons of using polyester, it doesn’t even have a long shelf life. After a few wears, you’ll find your dress or shirt starting to fade and even tear. It’s just not worth the risk to the environment, and your money.
- With a whole new wave of industries catered to organic wear, you’ll find a lot more natural options for your clothes. Just be sure it’s not blended with any polyester, 100% natural and organic is the only way to be sure the process is safe for the environment and your body!